We care about your child’s vision.
1 in 4 children attend school without realising they have an issue with their sight – when their vision suffers so does their success in school . You might say ‘Our children have already been tested at school!’ but parents don’t be fooled – even if your child passes their school vision screening it doesn’t mean they are in the clear! We don’t mean to scare you but we know it’s important to book an eye test before they enter school because if symptoms are left untreated their learning ability, personality, recreational participation and adjustment within school will be effected.
As your child grows their body changes, during this time so can their vision. In order to be sure that their sight is healthy it’s important for them to receive an eye examination at least once a year – the earlier an issue is detected the more likely treatment will be successful.
Child Myopia is one of the most common conditions children face today. To read more about it click here.
- Receiving lower grades than usual
- Losing their place while reading
- Squinting or tilting their head to see better
- Frequently rubbing their eyes
- Being sensitive to light and/or has excessive tearing
- Avoiding activities which require near vision
- Avoiding distance vision such as participating in recreational activities
- Complaining of headaches or tired eyes